Dates: 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16
$175 for 5 Weeks
Taught by Aaron Krebs
Restrictions: 18 & Up
ONGOING ON-CAMERA & MARKETING CLASS
This class will focus on taking the philosophies and techniques of improv and using those to help enrich your on-camera acting. We will be specifically focusing on audition tricks, script/character breakdown, and on camera technique. We will be working with current TV/Film scripts on camera and watching back these reads/auditions together on the monitor and critiquing. Additionally, there’s a business and goal setting element to this class where we will be examining each individual marketing materials and set goals to insure everything is up to industry standards. We are visiting both the artistic and business side of the acting world in this group. You will leave here with a plan of attack.
We will have industry guests on hand too!!!
Our last week will be a mock style audition class with an industry professional (Agent, Manager, Writer, Producer, or Casting) to provide first hand feedback for us.
The class is a 5-week commitment, but you should look at this as an on-going workout. You’re going to get weekly reps in front of a camera. It’s a gym for acting.
Please note although we may discuss the commercial world, we are focusing on TV/Film in this class. Sign up today. Very limited space.
Please go to our site to sign up or email email@example.com with any questions.
Or email Carla@westsidecomedy.com for sign up.
Aaron Krebs, co-founder of AK Studios and the Westside Comedy Theater, has over 20 years teaching/performing improv and acting with Mission IMPROVable, The Westside Comedy Theater, Second City, iO West, Comedy Sportz, and has booked roles on Insecure, Modern Family, Jane the Virgin, Scorpion, Grey’s Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters, Just Add Magic, Hollywood Darlings, The Thundermans, Stuck in the Middle and many more. In addition to acting, Aaron has also worked as an agent, writer/producer, and in casting in Hollywood over the last 17 years.
“It was seriously the best on-camera class I’ve taken. I loved Aaron’s teaching style!!”
– Cori S
“Regarding the On-Camera Class, it was truly surprising how much it helped me get a sense of what I actually look like on camera. The second that recording button turns on, the natural instinct is to freeze or act like a total weirdo. Having this class to teach me the skills I need to stand confidently in front of the video camera and give it all I’ve got was invaluable. The classroom environment was very welcoming and I felt comfortable being able to try new things and ask for honest feedback. Aaron Krebs is an industry professional who knows the ins and outs of the LA acting community exceptionally well. He was remarkably helpful and answered everyone’s questions, which ranged over a broad spectrum. His pointers truly helped between scene takes, as there was a noticeable difference in all of the student’s scenes moving from the first take to the second take. Over the weeks, I grew as an actor and learned lessons that are going to continue to help me build my career in this industry! Thank you Aaron and Westside Comedy for an amazing On-Camera acting class!!”–Krystal Rainwater
“The On-Camera Class is a great way to keep in practice with acting, while at the same time working to move your personal career goals forward. I’ve been in more than a few classes that felt like they were shoving everyone through a very expensive cookie cutter. In contrast, this class makes you feel like you are receiving both coaching and career advice which is personalized to you.”-Michael Guzniczak
Each class will be actively working with provided scripts. We will do the reads on-camera and then do watch backs with notes.
Week 1: ENVIRONMENT & CHARACTER TYPING FOR MARKETING
· We start by typing ourselves and classmates. We learn what characters we naturally fall into and how to use that to our advantage in marketing and auditioning.
· We learn to book those smaller role auditions. How can we stand out with not a lot of camera time?
· We will be using improv techniques related to environment to see how it affects our script reads. We will learn to add these techniques to our audition tool belt to strengthen our auditions. We will learn to become “interesting” by making subtle creative choices in our auditions.
· We also break down our reads on-camera. We look at how “subtlety” is our friend in TV/Film.
Week 2: CHARACTER & ACTOR MARKETING
· Character. We will use various improv tips to help strengthen our understanding of the characters we play in our reads. Focusing on wants, whys, and relationship to other characters.
· We start working with larger co-star/guest star scripts and discussing as a class the various class reads.
· Review and create proper actor profiles and marketing packages. We will look over some quality actor reels, headshots, online profiles and discuss how to best create one that makes you stand out. We examine the various acting websites the industry is using and how to best present yourself. Basically we use this week to answer any questions and strategize.
Week 3: THE MOMENT BEFORE & DEEP DIVE on the actor marketing process. IE-How to get agents, managers, and noticed by casting directors.
· We look to strengthen context in our reads by understanding the moment before and the history of this character.
· We will improvise moments before the scenes to better understand where, why, and who these characters are. We will allow that to inform our acting choices.
· We launch into multiple page scenes.
· We continue to review and create our marketing materials. We visit how to best market directly to casting, managers, agents, producers.
Week 4: EMOTIONAL CHOICES
· We also focus on extracting the emotion choice out of the scene. We learn to find the emotional moments for these characters as the writer intended.
· We work on the character’s emotional arch in these scripts and why
· We review our marketing goals for the class and check in on progress.
Week 5: SHOW TIME & FEED BACK w/ INDUSTRY GUEST
· We use all of the techniques we have empowered ourselves with in the previous weeks to tackle a mock TV/Film audition. We will run through the complete process of the audition, getting feedback along the way from our industry guest. Additionally, we will watch back each audition for constructive feedback as a class if time allows.
NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES – THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES FOR TICKETS, MERCHANDISE OR CLASSES PURCHASED. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.