We do NOT offer refunds for purchased classes (unless the class is cancelled by the theater). Students who drop out before the class begins are entitled to a credit for a future class, pending availability.
Feel free to check out some shows at our theater. We recommend our Improv Resident Team shows on Monday nights starting at 8 PM. Every three months there will be a new batch of Resident Teams, so catch them while you can!
If you’re interested in stand up, check out the Neal Brennan & Friends show every Tuesday at 8 PM. If you want to try getting up on stage, we offer an open mic, on Tuesday nights at 10pm.
We believe that at its core, good improvisation is a series of choices and discoveries made by an ensemble of committed, emotional players all supporting one another. We seek to create great improv by realizing the potential of the group.
No. Our classes are six-eight weeks long and are packaged as a unit. We do not sell individual class sessions.
Sorry, we don’t allow outside visitors in class. Class is a space for people to push their boundaries, experiment, and sometimes fail. Having outside observers in class works against the safe creative atmosphere that we have worked hard to cultivate.
• Quality: Our theater is steeped in the traditions of Chicago, the mecca for longform improvisation. The instructors we work with have been performing and teaching for many years, and are committed to creating a home for individuals and ensembles to flourish.
• Class Size: Classes at the Westside have (depending on the course) a maximum of 12-16 students. This is the lowest in the business.
• Performances: Almost all of our 6-8 week classes end with a graduation showcase, giving you stage time in our theater.
• Value: We offer some of the most affordable training in comedy in the Los Angeles area. We invite you to compare.
• To improve your confidence with public speaking
• To reconnect with your creative, spontaneous side
• If you’re a performer, to increase your skill set and your marketability
• To be a part of great community
• To have fun!
Because we are a working comedy theater with shows every night, most of our classes are not held on our stage. We use a handful of nearby rental spaces, all of which are just a short walk away. Class shows usually take place at our theater.
The vast majority of our classes are held on weeknights, beginning at 7 PM. Select classes are also available on weekends.